Poly pipe for sprinklers is half to 1/4th the price of PEX.

From: TJ Trout
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:57 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Duct

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing-Pipe-Fittings-Pipe-PEX-Pipe/UV-Resistant/N-5yc1vZ1z18i33Z1z1nc6u

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021, 9:22 AM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

  From a PEX manufacturer’s site:

  “Do not install … within 5 ft. of direct view from fluorescent and LED
lighting without protecting the pipe with a UV-blocking material.”

  Physical effects - The long-term performance of PEX will be damaged by
excessive UV radiation from sunlight, especially when tubing is used in
chlorinated hot-water systems after exposure (i.e. potential reduced lifetime)
- PEX should not be stored outdoors - Users should keep PEX stored indoors in
the original packaging prior to installation for protection against UV/sunlight
and other potential hazards