Our leases were for a rectangle with specific size and location. I never thought of leasing an unspecified amount of space, but yeah if that was done then a person might be tempted to treat the leased area as being unlimited.

On 9/20/2021 4:42 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
I have asked for more rent when I discovered they were occupying about 5X the foot print of the original installation.  I discovered a small building, backup generator, many more solar panels, large propane tank, fenced a large area etc.  Nothing in the original lease spelled out the original footprint.  But as I was the original landlord and the original tenant it was not a big deal.  When I sold the company that was the tenant then it became a big deal.
*From:* Adam Moffett
*Sent:* Monday, September 20, 2021 1:36 PM
*To:* af@af.afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] example land lease for tower construction

I don't have an example land lease agreement.  But these are some things that have come up.

24/7 access without notice
    (some landowners want a phone call when you go up, sounds reasonable at first, but it becomes a nuisance)

Define the path/ROW for vehicle access and put it in writing in the lease, and physically mark it if it's not obvious.  Use orange fiberglass reflective stakes or similar.     (two different landowners have complained about techs driving across their hay.  In both cases there was an agreed upon path that could be driven on, but it's not marked and not obvious to a new technician.)

The lease is for the land, not what's on it.  One landowner insisted on more rent when more things went on the tower.  This didn't make sense to anyone except him, but apparently it needed to be spelled out.

I can think of a few other disputes, but they had nothing to do with what was in the lease but rather the fact that the landlord was a crazy person.