Odd.  I wonder if it has a 2 speed compressor?
How about turning the temp down so it stays on all the time and then see if it goes to the lower power draw.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2021 8:47 AM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] AC Power draw

I reduced some server load in one of my rooms cooled with a Mitsubishi
Minisplit.  The minisplit was running at about a constant 450w draw to
maintain temp in the room.  Since I switched off the extra load, the
unit is now cycling on and off, going between 0w and 1800w  It's
spending about 20 min off and 40 min on.

Is this math right
450w constant = 0.45kwh

1800w for 40 min = 1.18kwh

I turned off about 1100w of server load, so it only actually saved 700w
of draw by reducing the server draw since the AC is now pulling more?