The problem is that the modern radios need a lot of power per radio to
drive the aux port.  Anything 450i or later has a transformer one has to
drive.  As a result the old splitter solutions won't work.

Just out of curiosity have you tried only one or two radios on a syncbox
12?  I'm wondering if this might be a situation where the multiple cables
are coupling enough rf into the syncbox to cause the signal loss.

I'm going to check and see if there's a syncbox 12 in progress which
doesn't have a GPS module on it.   With some creative wiring we should be
able to replace the GPS module with a 6p6c connector to feed sync from
another syncbox.