In my experience, towing companies are given a lot of leeway when it comes
to vehicle damage, etc. I never really understood this, but they seem to be
a protected class. There are a lot of shady ones out there, but for some
reason they get special dispensation when it comes to liability and many of
them take full advantage of it.