Sintering oven for making carbide inserts.  You need to get up to about 1500C
for this.

From: Cameron Crum
Sent: Monday, January 3, 2022 8:58 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT having fun

What is the goal of the project?

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 9:28 PM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

  Pretty sure these consumer grade microwave ovens are robust from mismatch
issues.
  They have to be considering all the different loads you can put in the oven.
An open waveguide is actually a pretty good antenna with a return loss of
around 10 dB.  But then it is piped into a box that is totally reflective.  In
my case I aim the field at a layer of silicon carbide to absorb the energy and
convert it to heat.