You guys are a bunch of nerds, somebody has to know the term Im looking for
to describe this phenomena.

When an inert even triggers customers to believe there is an issue that
doesnt exist, or they notice an existing issue and assign it to the event.

Some examples:

You put up a notification that site A is undergoing maintenance, so a
customer on Site B that is totally isolated sayas that ever since that
maintenance, there has been a problem.

We did a mass change of our defalt WPA keys on managed routers. Probably 1
percent of the customers claimed that "ever since the change" there has
been some issue. Changing they WPA key wont impact performance.

I just completed a network wide rate plan naming convention change, every
non custom account will have  anew name for their rate plan on their
invoice. this had zero service impact, its just clerical, but as the bills
go out, probably 1 percent (probably that same 1 percent) will call in with
an "ever since the change" complaint.

Im not looking to argue with the customer as to whether there is an issue
or not, Im simply looking for the name of the phenomenon.

Id like to incorporate this into tier 1 support training so that this
doesnt continually generate nuisance escalations. Some reference material
on it would be the bees knees. Everything has a name, like Petrichor: the
way it smells outside after rain or Phosphenes: the lights you see when you
close your eyes and press your hands to them.