I got my first one last night...  Head scratcher for a minute or two...

On 3/30/22 09:53, Nate Burke wrote:
Starting this week, I've been getting Spam SMS messages with my Cell number as phone number to communicate with.  Incoming SMS from my cell number, Messaging app asks if I Would like to add a contact of 'my cell number' for this new message thread.  Message window shows 'Texting with 'my cell number' via SMS/MMS'

For all the 'Anti-spam' rhetoric coming from the Cell companies, this scenario seems like one that should never ever happen.  Am I the only one getting these?  Should I bother to call the cell company?