My problem is that I don't get to choose the platform.

I have groups I want to participate in which are on Facebook.  I have
organizations that I want to follow who tweet everything.   Others use
Instagram or perhaps even tiktok.  Oh,  and don't forget youtube and reddit.

As I'm not a regular user of most of those platforms, I miss out on those
discussions.    I really want a feed aggregator where I can visit a page
and see all the new stuff no matter where it came from.  Bonus points if I
can also follow the comments on sites like Facebook.