A lot of these run off battery too. Yes once a month or more you have to bring it down plug it in and charge the battery...

On 9/20/2022 9:38 PM, Darin Steffl wrote:
Because MOST consumer based security cameras are WiFi based. Any camera running off ethernet/PoE is going to an NVR and they don't typically sell camera systems like this at Bestbuy or Target. It's Nest, Arlo, Ring, etc. as that's what's easy for most people.

Finding a power outlet to plug into is easier than running ethernet to cameras back to a central location.

We too have enough calls of people expecting WiFi cameras to work hundreds of feet away from their router. Or we install WiFi inside a shed but they don't tell us they want to install cameras OUTSIDE through steel siding and then call us when the cameras won't connect and we see a -90 signal to the managed router.