https://www.fiberinstrumentsales.com/jdsu-channel-checker.html

OSA I would recommend picking up a used JDSU 6000 and a OSA-110M they can be picked up for descent prices.

https://www.trsrentelco.com/products/viavi-solutions-inc-osa-110m

On 12/5/22 10:29 AM, dmmoff...@gmail.com wrote:

Well they’re certainly not giving those away.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Daniel Pautz via AF
*Sent:* Monday, December 05, 2022 11:20 AM
*To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
*Cc:* Daniel Pautz <d...@webnx.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] MUX Monitor port

If you find something that is fairly cheap let me know as we have a few 50-80KM runs that could use one on each side.   You are looking at something like this  - https://www.fs.com/products/71586.html

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> *On Behalf Of *dmmoff...@gmail.com <mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Monday, December 05, 2022 8:57 AM
*To:* 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>>
*Subject:* [AFMUG] MUX Monitor port

Fiber multiplexers usually have a monitor port and 1%-5% of the light is sent to the monitor port so you can know the status of each wave.

That’s all well and good, but what device can I plug into the monitor port if I actually want to monitor them?  I have an OPM of course, but is there a network managed, SNMP capable device that I can get for this?

It must exist, but my Google Fu is not working.