I have not tried bringing it out of bypass becaue the power modules show off.
I figure that's just asking for trouble. When the 2 modules first failed, it
went into bypass because there was too much load on 1 leg and it went to
overload.  Once I got the phases balanced It came out of bypass on its own with
the 1 power module still running.  The original power module shut down and it
went to bypass when I plugged the first replacement module in.

Sounds like it might be a battery problem.  I'm getting replacement batteries
on order today.