I have a Symmetra RM unit (16kw) that is ancient. We got it used around 2008. It has a Main Intelligence Module, and a Redundant Intelligence module. The Main intelligence module has reported a failure. None of the LED's on it are lit. The redundant module has LED's, but none of the front panel LCD options report any data, nor does the Web management card.

I was able to source a replacement intelligence module, but everything that I find says to put the UPS into bypass before changing it. However, the UPS will not go to software bypass via the front display. Can I just flip the big bypass switch without doing a software bypass first?