Did you look at using a used turbo and blow compressor air in one side and use the boost side as a vac? probably could get some better results that way I would think.

On 5/21/23 5:11 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
I'm having better luck with the prototype than a shop vac already, just trying to improve the lift. Toting a generator isnt really an option. I also just have a shop vac hose, if theres moisture the dirt collects on the sides with a shop vac and loses lift. That's how I've always dug post holes.

On Sun, May 21, 2023, 3:53 PM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com <mailto:af@af.afmug.com>> wrote:

    I think you would have better luck with a strong shop vac and a 30
    gallon drum.  I have seen guys do that and it worked OK.  Air
    powered vacuum producers work but I don’t know how well. Sometimes
    they are called eductors or ejectors.
    Take a look at this one:

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/2-in-line-vac-only-aluminum?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=CjwKCAjwgqejBhBAEiwAuWHioM68tuz0PVLcvHFy4CRspRtvhy5gEQQryMrUkOoNv4MVeUTRSWTkvxoCrv8QAvD_BwE
    Best Regards,
    Chuck McCown

    McCown Technology Corporation
    8401 N Commerce Dr
    Lake Point, Utah 84074
    801-250-9503 Office
    435-830-4306 Cell
    www.mccowntech.com <http://www.mccowntech.com>
    www.microtrench.pro <http://www.microtrench.pro>
    www.terabitnetworks.com <http://www.terabitnetworks.com>
    *From:* Steve Jones
    *Sent:* Sunday, May 21, 2023 11:56 AM
    *To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
    *Subject:* [AFMUG] Air vac
    I need advice from you nerds.
    I'm a broke joke, so hydrovac isnt in my budget. Besides, I want
    dry spoils to put back in the hole.
    This revision works for venturi. I have multiple size reducer but
    right now I'm just doing 3/4 to to inch. The 3/4 to 1 then 1 to
    half back to 1.5 for the venturi side seemed to have the best
    lift, but the hardware store didnt have everything, so it's all in
    2 inch right now
    I'll dump to a 2000lb peanut sack if I can find one, but for now
    I'll just use a 30 gallon drum and dump on the mega movers.
    This is for use in conjunction with the airspade I did have some
    coin to get.
    Venturi math gets complicated and I'm full retard so I need to
    find he best ways to increase negative pressure and where to drill
    the ports.
    I also wonder if theres an option to recapture the exhaust into
    the airspade.
    I need you nerds to go full geek.
    If I can get valves correct I'll have the local machinist make me
    a couple that are pressure rated.
    This is to mimic the airvac I also cant afford.
    This proof of concept has the lift to clear potholes and
    handholes,  but I need to clean it up and get more efficiency.
    A side discovery is that this setup is perfect for blowing straw
    and seed with glue