Tongue in cheek....

Just having fun.

From: dmmoff...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2023 12:00 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Cc: ch...@go-mtc.com
Subject: RE: [AFMUG] This thing on?

So the real news article was about floating artic ice being gone, and they say
80-85% of it is gone now.  So they missed on the exact timing, but most of it
is gone.

The bit about the “end of humanity” was a clickbait headline someone attached
to that.

The kid thought a clickbait headline was representing the real story, believed
it and retweeted it.  She was wrong.  Her 15 minutes are up anyway, and now
it’s “Greta who?” unless you’re someone who wants to pick on her.

One kid being wrong doesn’t mean the earth isn’t getting warmer or that it’s
not a problem.

For any who don’t believe that the climate will create problems for our
descendants, and that it’s nothing to do with us if it does, do you at least
believe these points?
1) No matter how much fossil fuel there is it’s not infinite so it makes sense
to conserve it.

2) To get the oil price we have, we sell to where it’s more expensive and buy
from where it’s cheaper.  “Where it’s cheaper” is almost universally countries
that don’t like us (or we don’t like), and reducing consumption means we can
buy less from them without paying more.

I know people made a lot of hay about “energy independence” when domestic oil
production exceeded domestic demand a few years ago, but I think they were
overlooking that if we actually tried to be independent on oil the price would
skyrocket on account of not having those cheaper imports in our supply and
losing the revenue from the exports.  We’ve also long since exceeded that
production level, but it’s not worth crowing about it in 2022-2023. The price
remains high because Russia is mostly off the market, and as we increase
production Saudi Arabia (and OPEC in general) reduces theirs to preserve the
high price.  The low price sometimes cited occurred when demand plummeted
during lock downs.  Then everybody (USA included) cut production because low
prices are bad for the oil producers.

If you’re not on board with fossil fuel reduction for climate change reasons
you should be on board because it’s simply better for our country if we stop
relying on something that will eventually run out, which finances regimes that
are belligerent to us, and finances business interests that meddle in both our
foreign and domestic policy for their own benefit.

-Adam