Nokia.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Chris Fabien
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 7:29 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] "Low pass" attenuator

If it's for calix I'd be curious to know what you're testing...

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023, 1:27 PM <dmmoff...@gmail.com <mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

Exactly.

We were testing a different brand of XGS-PON transceiver.  It works fine,
except clients stronger than about -14 don’t connect.  Our current brand alarms
at -10, but functions as high as -7, so our design assumes -10 as a cutoff.

We can go around and pad the hot ONT’s, but it would be super convenient if we
could magically add 5dB to only the real hot ones.

…. we could just not use the transceiver, but it’s a lot cheaper than what the
OLT manufacturer is selling us so it would be nice to make it work.

-Adam