From: dmmoff...@gmail.com <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2023 4:38 PM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group' <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: sector antennas: Dual band, Single input

Ruckus T350SE has 2 external antenna connectors for a dual band 2x2 AP.  It
seems they're combining the output of both frequencies onto one connector so
they only need two instead of four.

So I'm looking for dual band sector antennas where 5ghz and 2ghz are on the
same connector.  They exist, but pickins are slim.

*       Ruckus sells one, but it's only 120 degree and gain isn't all that
great.
*       L-Com has a 5 foot tall monster:
https://www.l-com.com/Images/Downloadables/Datasheets/ds_HG2458-15DP-090.pdf

*       This company I've never heard of has one:
https://www.air802.com/sector-antenna-dual-band-2.4-and-5.1-to-5.8-ghz-dual-
band-two-n-connectors.html

I'm not even sure if there's an agreed upon terminology for this.  L-Com is
calling it "Dual Band, Dual Feed", and Air802 is calling it "Dual Band, two
N connectors".

Air802 is smaller than L-Com, but claims higher gain...not sure if they're
getting creative with measuring gain or if L-Com's just has a bulky design.
I'm curious if anyone can vouch for that vendor.  Feel free to slam them
too, we don't need to be shy here.

Has anyone crossed this bridge already?  Are there more options out there?

-Adam