It’s a 1x2 PLC, and I wondered if it could have been an unterminated leg, but
usually you get noise after a dead end whereas this trace continued on for a
bit before hitting a definite dead end.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Trey Scarborough
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2023 3:20 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] dumb OTDR question

Could be a bad splice, but if it is a splitter it could just be an artifact of
that. It all depends on the type of splitter you are using and what wavelength
the OTDR is. It also depends what is on the other ends of the splitter. If that
is a splitter with nothing spliced to one of the ends you  can get a reflection
off of a dead end.