For off-grid or grid tied, the new eg4 18K and 13Kw battery ( heated ) for 10K is probably the first of what I consider is 4th generation solar systems.  First system that is truly integrated, turn key solar.  No piece of this, piece of that, this special settings, that special firmware.   Connect around 6 wires, 9 if on-grid, and off to the races you go!

On 10/4/23 5:44 AM, dmmoff...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *TJ Trout
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 04, 2023 4:55 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT: Home solar

check signature solar, $0.25/w with free shipping I believe, also the inverters and batteries are a fraction of the cost you mentioned

On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 1:22 AM <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I’m contemplating solar at home.

    I’m seeing $0.60/watt here if you’re buying qty 10 of 550W
    panels.  Is that a good price these days?

    https://sungoldpower.com/collections/monocrystalline-solar-panel

    I haven’t looked at panels in some years, but that sounds almost
    /too/ low.  Are they going to murder me with the shipping cost?

    Same site sells a 6000W MPPT inverter/charger with optional
    battery connection for $1600.  And a wall mounted 5.1 KWh LifePo4
    battery for about $1700.

    Seems like I could get 10x 550W panels, the inverter, and a
    battery for a little under $6600 before shipping. NY has suspended
    sales tax on solar power so no sales tax.  I have not added up
    wire, mounting hardware, or other ancillary things, but the big
    ticket items look pretty dang reasonable.  It should produce about
    $1000/year worth of electricity (based on a website telling me
    3.79 average peak sun hours per day in NY).  That seems worth it
    even with no incentives, but there’s also a federal tax credit and
    some state level incentives too.

    …and NY is ranked 47^th out of the 50 states for solar
    production.  So it’s better for most of you.

    Have we crossed a threshold where it’s become stupid NOT to do solar?

Thank you,

TJ Trout

Volt Broadband

209.480.3122 Cell