First I heard of it, but a Google search comes up with this:

https://www.gps.gov/spectrum/foreign/

Maybe the government will pay us to change out our equipment like they did for
Huawei basestations?  Just kidding, but we can dream.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2024 4:13 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ken Hohof

US cell phones have GLONASS support.  What makes you say there's a legal
question?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 6:10 PM Forrest Christian (List Account)
<li...@packetflux.com <mailto:li...@packetflux.com> > wrote:

Some customers wanted the added redundancy that comes with more satellites.
The irony of the thing which we changed to improve reliability biting one in
the rear with this issue is not lost on me.

At this point, everything is going out with GPS+GALILEO since there is some
question about if it is even legal to operate a GLONASS receiver in the USA.

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 2:26 PM Chuck McCown via AF <af@af.afmug.com