To add to this,  it's remarkably easy to script posting to a slack
channel.   I'm guessing it's just a easy for other similar tools such as
discord or telegram or whatever it is google is doing with messaging
nowadays.

The only caveat is that slack message notifications can be a bit unreliable
at times.