I remember getting PCNs for Clearwire (later just "Clear") with 255 installations per PCN.

I also recall complaining about such ridiculous notices.

On 9/23/2024 8:26 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

I remember around the time JAB/Rise was taking off there was a flurry of other WISPs that took off and then crashed and burned rather suddenly.  I think at least one of them used WiMAX equipment that was somewhat popular with apartment dwellers because they had indoor modems.  I also seem to remember equipment vendors left holding the bag, and surplus equipment showing up on eBay.  I think one of them approached us about M&A but they were offering stock claiming that was better than cash because it would go up in value (yeah, right).

Anyone remember the names of these companies, I’m drawing a blank.  Also any recollection of what went wrong and lessons learned that might apply to the current rush to deploy broadand.