Sounds about right.Only thing I'd add is I think the Internet contributes to
this.I hear from my 37 year old son how all these difficulties are because the
"boomers" broke everything and rigged the system against them. I don't think
the kids really know what a baby boomer is, it's a synonym for "the olds".At 37
he's not the Instagram/Tiktok generation, more the Youtube/Reddit/podcast
generation. But people are telling him the boomers rigged the system and made
life hard for him.Hey, I am a boomer. I went through recessions, the Vietnam
draft, double digit inflation, the Arab oil embargo, the stock market crash of
1987. Oh and JFK, John Lennon and Ronald Reagan being shot. I figured I had it
good because my dad and uncle fought in WW2, and my grandfather lived through
the Great Depression. But I guess everything was just peachy until my
generation conspired to make life difficult for the "not olds".---- Original
Message ----From: "Forrest Christian (List Account)" Sent: 9/27/2024 12:42:26
PMTo: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Gen Z new college
gradsMy take on this is that most high school or college grads take a while to
figure out how to manage having a job.? ?They also take a while to accumulate
enough resources and get paid enough that life doesn't consist of working your
ass off just to barely cover (or not) essential living expenses. Most of us
started out living in crap conditions, eating whatever we could get for cheap,
and driving vehicles which were lucky to start on a good day.?The difference I
see is that gen Z seems to blame the 'olds' for their problems and don't
understand that everyone goes through this barely feeding yourself stage.?
There is also this odd sense of entitlement mixed with bizarre expectations.? I
don't remember many of my peers expecting to be given a job where they didn't
have to do normal work things like show up and get paid large amounts of
money.? Oh,? and to never be given negative feedback.? ?I realize every
generation goes through this cycle that eventually ends up with complaining
about the younger generations.? ?It makes me smile to see the millennials
switch from being the problem generation to whining about the problem
generation.? ?But,? I can't help but feel that there is something fundamentally
broken in a very non-similar-to-the-past way with many in the latest crop.?On
Fri, Sep 27, 2024, 7:52 AM  <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:I've often said this,
but part of the issue is selection bias.? People who
can't hack it will eventually either wise up or remove themselves from the
work force, and then the older cohort will look better as a consequence.
I'm at the borderline between "Gen X" and "Millennial", and people
complained and moaned about both age groups.? We're senior staff and
management now and complaining about how lazy Gen Z is.? ?You can find news
articles from the 1800's complaining about "today's young people".? This is
the same wheel that's been turning since the beginning.?

Ugg and Ogg sat in their cave knapping flint spearheads and complaining
about how wheels are making kids too lazy to do real work.