No NAT involved. But there is a router and the Asterisk box is on a private IP.

-----Original Message----- From: George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:40 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Asterisk question

Isn't unregistered SIP called peer-SIP? That's what VoipInnovations'
trunks are. We have put them into Asterisk boxes and it works fine. If
you're dealing with NAT, your NAT/router/firewall box probably has a SIP
helper function that rewrites the SIP messages. And/or the switch might
have NAT traversal that can figure everything out for you.