Just use low CO2 coal... sheesh...

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince via Af Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:53 AM To: af@afmug.com Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Our latest off grid "tower" site
Bet the cost of the CO2 scrubber took it off the feasible list.

bp

On 9/18/2014 6:51 AM, Chuck McCown via Af wrote:
Why not a coal powered backup generator?

-----Original Message----- From: Sean Heskett via Af Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:09 PM To: af@afmug.com ; memb...@wispa.org Subject: [AFMUG] Our latest off grid "tower" site
We are still finishing this tower but thought I'd share the progress with
y'all.

I've included references to companies that are active members of the WISP
community and manufactured the products that make this site awesome.

It's 100% off grid solar site with propane generator backup.

The tower is made from two 60' wooden telephone poles (52' above
ground) with a wooden platform at the top (similar to a zip line platform)

Packetflux makes the generator control board and site monitor with the
solar charger module.

wbmfg.com makes the MTOW-3P-48 triple mount for the APs and the 2' optic
dish for the backhaul.  They also make the GigE-APC-HV cards for the
AP surge protection.

Cambium networks makes the four 5ghz 450 APs and three 3.65ghz 450 APs.
(This tower only has a 180* view to the north)

lastmilegear.com mskes the CTM2 which powers the APs and provides the GPS
timing for sync.

Ironically this off grid site sits on top of a coal mine that provides coal
to the power plant in the valley below ;-)  long story

Enjoy!

-Sean