I don't know how much you know about LTE vs WiMAX, but as a fixed operator there aren't many advantages to LTE. The biggest LTE advantage is 20mhz channels, which are unlikely in TVWS. You do get a bit of reduced latency (30ms), but by sacrificing link stability features. Also LTE adds a LOT of backend systems that are not needed for WiMAX. I personally would rather have TVWS in WiMAX over LTE for now.

I see TVWS as a residential only service for those customers who have no other option.

We have 900 Canopy FSK deployed on a 100ft tower here: 39.172642 -120.832321. Back when our noise floor was -90ish (6 years ago) we successfully installed 3 customers in the attached polygon. The three that were installed were all tree installs at least 120ft up, the rest didn't even connect. We have over 100 service requests we have mapped and attempted installs on at least half. We are hoping a few TVWS APs will let us provide service to those people. Once we try it, we will know for sure.

Matthew Jenkins
SmarterBroadband
m...@sbbinc.net
530.272.4000