Depends on if you have bandwidth to spare or not.

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>

On 09/23/2014 05:23 PM, Forrest Christian (List Account) via Af wrote:
Why not just host a speedtest.net <http://speedtest.net> server and have your customers test to it?

-forrest

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Darren Shea via Af <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

    We currently host our own speedtest server using Ookla's speedtest
    technology, but Ookla is discontinuing the version we run, and
    the licensing fees for the new version are very steep. I'm looking
    at alternatives, such as OpenSpeedTest and speed.io
    <http://speed.io>, but would
    like to get some feedback on these if anyone is using them.

    We once tried using Brandon Checkett's Fancy Speed Test, but the
    results display was not really in line with what we wanted.

    Does anyone hosting their own, non-Ookla, speedtest server have
    some success stories or horror stories about particular packages?

    Thank you,
      Darren