From: Af [mailto:af-bounces+dmburgess=linktechs....@afmug.com] On Behalf
Of James Howard via Af
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CCR-1036 fun with PPPoE

I'm a bit confused.  What symptoms did you see with your routers?  What
I got from Chris' description was that the CCR caused his Edge router to
bomb.  Replacing the CCR didn't fix the problem until they rebooted the
Edge router.  Did your routers cause other routers to degrade or crash?

I'm not sure about there being an issue with 6.19 on the CCR but I can
tell you that we saw a similar situation with a CCR that had 6.17 (or
possibly older, not sure when we updated it) recently.  I would suspect
that he's having an issue with BGP on the CCR.  In our case, the CCR had
2 full BGP tables, PPPOE and OSPF on it.  It took down one of the BGP
peers on the Edge router (PowerRouter V3 in our case).  I disabled the
BGP peer on the Edge for about 5 minutes and everything worked happily.
When I started it back up, everything was fine until it randomly
happened again.  We then shut down the BGP link between the PowerRouter
and the CCR.  The CCR does not seem to be able to handle more than one
BGP table if it's doing anything else.  Another CCR seems to be happy as
an edge router with 2 full tables on it.  It's not doing any other
function though and we are in process of ordering an x86 replacement.