This is related to SSDP / UPNP and is a UDP amplification attack similar to the DNS and SNMP UDP attacks. Basically someone forges an IP source on a udp packet and sends it to port 1900 on the router and the router sends some larger amount of data back to the forged ip.

This port should not be enabled on the WAN interface, the router should only be listening on the WAN, but it appears several vendors have this issue. There may be a firmware patch, or turning of UPNP may fix the issue.

The shadowservers reports will give you reports of open UDP ports on your network that can be used for amplification attacks.

https://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Involve/GetReportsOnYourNetwork

~Duncan