From: Af [mailto:af-bounces+slebrun=muskoka....@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Ken
Hohhof via Af
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2014 1:38 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Bash specially-crafted environment variables code
injection attack

So maybe I won’t do that.

The newer servers where I could just do a yum update have been straightforward,
as you’d expect.

I think the articles have maybe overstated the risk a bit, since you would need
to either authenticate (at least as a regular user) to get to a shell, or find
a publicly exposed script that will pass an environment variable to bash for
you.