get your pipes from local plumbing shop, much cheaper than distributors we
found. I realised you can do this when site pro forgot to wipe off the
printing on the pipe and it was the same thing the plumber carried.

we use UPC-1 to do standoffs on all 4 corners of grain legs, the 90 degree
angle iron theyre usually made of fits in the notch to stabilize it and we
put a 40ish inch pipe inside to give something to bite too. We put 7' pipes
on the stand offs. This gives us a mount for a sector on top ahd a backhaul
on bottom on each corner. I dont think I would put more than a 2' backhaul
on each though without a stabilizer

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Darin Steffl via Af <af@afmug.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> We are looking for a reasonably priced source for pipe to pipe clamps and
> other hardware to attach our mounts to towers and railings on grain legs,
> etc. We are looking to strengthen our future tower builds and move up from
> our more amateur way of attaching pipes to our tower structures.
>
> What suppliers do you recommend for mounting gear and what kind of
> standoffs are you using the most for different types of mounting surfaces
> (tower leg, railings on grain legs, etc.)? Do you find any local suppliers
> have them to save on shipping costs and if so, what kind of suppliers
> should we be looking for?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Darin Steffl
> Minnesota WiFi
> www.mnwifi.com
> 507-634-WiFi
> <http://www.facebook.com/minnesotawifi> Like us on Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/minnesotawifi>

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you