Running on Windows can be fine if you know what you're doing. Just can't be any
random Windows user, though...

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Eric Kuhnke via Af" <af@afmug.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, October 3, 2014 1:28:21 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DNS server for guys who dont want to be gurus

If you're an ISP and you run back-end infrastructure on Windows, I feel sorry
for you....

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM, That One Guy via Af < af@afmug.com > wrote:

simpledns is windows based though, even though microsoft is pretty much giving
away virtual server licenses these days, theres still that cost, and I just
dont like exposing windows to the world, which is odd because Im a windows guy.
Another reason is if there is a windows server, somebody will install software
to it.

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Nicholas Eastman via Af < af@afmug.com >