Just wanted to give a heads up on our experience with our first run at trying
ePMPs at this distance of cable run.

We mounted 4  5 Ghz and 4 2.4 Ghz   ePMP APs today (a retrofit from 100 series
APs).   We have an existing CMM Micro that has been at the tower for 5 or 6
years.  We needed more ports with Sync so we attempted to use a Gigabit
Syncinjector for the additional ports we needed.  We put the 2.4 Ghz radios on
the CMM and put the 5 Ghz on the SyncInjector.

The CMM and the "LAN facing" ports on the Syncinjector, powered by the same 5
AMP/24v power supply that we use for CTM's,  plugged into a 2011 Mikrotik
router.

The CMM works flawlessly, providing 100Mbit connections and sync .  The
SyncInjector... not so much.  Initially, the symptoms were that 1 of the APs
would only connect 10 Mbit and 1 different one would not get Sync.    We tried
swapping know good (successful on the CMM) cables, changing ports on the
SyncInjector to make sure we didn't have cable or AP related issues etc.
Eventually, we lost ability to do Sync on any of the APs, and 2 of the 4 will
only do 10 Mbit.  Tried it with both 100Mbit and Gbit ports on the 2011, in
auto or static Speed/Duplex configs.  No go.   The cables being used were both
Best-Tronics and Toughcable Carrier.  All the toughcables were premade to the
300 feet and tested inhouse at Gigabit speeds (TIK to TIK tests)

Going to have to climb again tomorrow with a second CMM to swapout for the
SyncInjector.

We normally have very good luck with SyncInjectors but at 300 feet distance
with the Gigabit models, we couldn't make it work in this application.  Cambium
had "advised us" that there may be abnormal challenges with 300 ft. of cable on
the ePMP.

Paul

Paul McCall, Pres.
PDMNet / Florida Broadband