I ran into an issue with that showing some bizarre stuff though on like
PTP800 radios, etc. that use standard SNMP interface stats, but don't have
an ifAlias on them.   I did something so that it was automatically
propagated on our Cisco switches and routers, but can't for the life of me
remember for sure where I did the change.