Non advantage SMs will burst the same speed as advantage SMs. The throughput limits only apply after the burst is exhausted.

bp

On 10/13/2014 1:55 PM, Kade Sullivan via Af wrote:

1536 sustained down
80000 burst
Max burst around 7 Meg since they are non advantage SMs

On Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM, "Jerry Richardson via Af" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

    What are your settings for burst/sustained?

    What is the max available speed the customer could see?

    *From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>] *On Behalf Of *Kade Sullivan via Af
    *Sent:* Monday, October 13, 2014 12:47 PM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* [AFMUG] How to deal with constant customer internet
    saturation.

    So it's becoming a reoccurring nightmare for me.  I get a customer
    calling in saying their internet is slow.  It ends up being their
    upstream or downstream or both are totally maxed out for hours on
    end.  Unfortunately, my responsibility does not stop there.

    We have been going the route of installing Mikrotik's in the
    customer home, which helps us identify the problem.  But what do
    we do from there?

    I feel like the overall bandwidth isnt the ENTIRE problem.  With
    more intelligent usage, more people can use it simultaneously.  Of
    course, giving them more speed would help, but I feel like it's a
    bandaid around the big picture, which is the fact that nothing
    plays nice with anything else.

    Are there any mikrotik guru's here that could figure something out
    that we could preload on all these mikrotik routers that would
    help minimize this issue?

    In my mind, I feel like the solution lies in the prioritization of
each connection, without putting a hard limit on any one device. I just can't seem to figure out the proper implementation.

    Are any of you seeing this reoccurring nightmare?