Alcoma (caters primarily to European markets) is in teh US now. $8,500 for 3'
dishes, 1 gigabit of non-compressed throughput.

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af" <af@afmug.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:49:45 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PTP-820S

The 32W power consumption, -48 or +24 (I assume a DC-DC converter built into
the PoE injector?), 2048QAM and 80MHz channel bandwidth are all very nice. I
don't really care if it's OEM'd Ceragon.

Here's what I don't like from the info I've been able to find so far. License
key for this, license key for that. If you don't let me have ACM with the base
speed license out of the box, you've already turned me away. So this looks more
like white-label Ceragon, not just OEM'd hardware. Speed licenses are fine, but
nickel and diming me for every single feature is not. I bet it can't even do
power per modulation level without a license key. So forget I even asked, I
don't want it.