From: Paul Conlin [mailto:pcon...@blazebroadband.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 1:17 PM
To: 'af@afmug.com'
Subject: RE: [AFMUG] Gpon or 10g-pon sfp...when?

+1 Wow.

Overview

The H640SFP is a Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) Stick type

ONT in a compact SFP package. The GPON Stick provides a

pluggable GPON interface for FTTx and wireless backhaul

applications with a compact size and lower power consumption.

By being plugged into the L2/L3 switch or CPE with standard SFP

uplink port directly, the H640SFP provides a 1.244 Gbps upstream

and a 2.488 Gbps downstream data link over a single fiber. Any

standard Ethernet SFP switch port can simply convert to a GPON

ONT port and interconnect to an existing GPON network with the

insertion of the module.

Any idea on price?  Doesn’t this totally disrupt the GPON ONT market?  What am
I missing?  What is the downside?

I love this list.

PC

Blaze Broadband