Or like a Redbox kiosk, you charge them for the space/power/cooling, unless they want to give you a cut of the revenue.

-----Original Message----- From: Chuck McCown via Af
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 9:02 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Pmp450 vs epmp pros vs cons

Netflix gives you the box, you put it in and provide
space/power/cooling/connection.

-----Original Message----- From: Seth Mattinen via Af
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 8:01 AM
To: af@afmug.com

On 10/20/14, 6:59 AM, Ken Hohhof via Af wrote:
Even for fiber projects like Google Fiber, I have to assume the big guys
envision content moving toward the customer.  Like Netflix cache boxes
in each town.  Forget the transport, what about routing?  It doesn’t
seem to me that Ultra High Def video on demand to every pair of eyeballs
scales if that data has to be routed across the country through routers
at interchange points.  I suspect the big ISPs also think a lot of that
content will be coming from their own servers not Netflix, although CBS
and HBO seem to have a different view.  But does that mean content
providers will have to rent colo space from Comcast and Google Fiber to
put CDN servers in every town?

Or nearest IX peering fabric.

~Seth