Each terminal pair can measure up to 240v.

It comes down to what you need to monitor for failure.  If your gen is
backing up both sides, then you should bring both hots into that
terminal.    If it's backing up only one, then you should bring the same
side you're backing up in with a neutral.   That way if starting the gen
and transferring would help you can detect it.