Ah-ha: Found this

"/Federal law. Under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), a deduction for loss or damage may be made if two conditions are met://
//
//The employee signed a written agreement prior to the shortage (at the start of employment or when the policy related to deductions is adopted) by which he or she agrees to such a deduction; and// //The deduction does not bring the employee's hourly rate below the minimum wage.

////The second criterion clearly applies to nonexempt employees. Employees who meet the dual duties and salary tests are exempt from minimum wage and overtime laws. For exempt employees, this type of wage deduction is not allowed./"

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>