They probably finally utilized the extra cores in the code.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Matt via Af
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 11:52 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik CCR and PPPoE

Recently updated to a 36 core CCR as a PPPoE server.  Was having some issues
with higher tier packages such as our office getting more than 20mbps through a
single connection.  IPv6 seemed to perform better then IPv4 for speed tests.
Upgraded the CCR from v6.17 to v6.20.  Now every pppoe connection is screaming
fast.  I don't know what Mikrotik did but something has changed.  I wonder if
they did anything with there BGP code?  We have another one doing a couple
gigabit full BGP connections.  Seems to work fine but one core is almost always
at 100 percent.  Its currently running v6.19.