+1

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Sean Heskett via Af
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:11 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mimosa did it again

Our installers install the connection per OTARD and if anyone gives the
homeowner any blow back we fight the fight for them.  Usually a strongly worded
letter with a printout of the OTARD rules does the trick.  In rare cases the
hoa tries to claim that the porch is common area because the hoa has to
maintain it...I tell them I'll be over to grill a steak on their bbq this
evening ;-)

In one case it went past that and I told the hoa that I would sue them for
damages and lost revenue for harassing my client and breaking FEDERAL law and
I'd win because there is plenty of case law out there.  Once they saw I wasn't
going to back down their lawyer told them they didn't want to take this to
court.  They rewrote their covenants and its copacetic now.

In Colorado it's rare to find a house that isn't part of an hoa.  Don't back
down!  The fcc wrote the rules to make sure there was competition in the market.

2 cents

Sean

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014, Ken Hohhof via Af