Happy Birthday!

On 11/14/2014 06:31 PM, Jaime Solorza via Af wrote:

Any ways thx. My birthday in a few hours. Playing at Bistros tonight. My skynard look

Jaime Solorza

On Nov 14, 2014 7:44 PM, "Chuck McCown via Af" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

    Sorry for spoiling it but I wish now that  I had waited for it to
    be on satellite TV.
    The story itself is OK.
I just cannot turn off my tech OCD spotting of familiar stuff. And the energy management/Newtonian physics have to be within the
    realm of  possibility. Military robots are not metal boxes stuffed
    with green circuit boards that are connected with ribbon cable and
    just loosely floating around inside.
    If they had use the CGI people that made Gravity it would have
    been much better.  Gravity had great effects but a silly
    implausible story.  At least this story works if the technology
    was there.
    *From:* Josh Luthman via Af <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Sent:* Friday, November 14, 2014 7:38 PM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT Movie Review - not positive - some
    spoiler info

    Damn.  Thanks for saving me a couple hours, though!

    Josh Luthman
    Office: 937-552-2340 <tel:937-552-2340>
    Direct: 937-552-2343 <tel:937-552-2343>

    On Nov 14, 2014 9:29 PM, "Chuck McCown via Af" <af@afmug.com
    <mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

        Interstellar
        meh
        Cheap ass sets.  Old HP test gear (circa 1975) in the wall of
        a space station, also primary flight instruments from an
        airplane.  Wrinkles on the outside of the spacecraft and the
        ablative fabric.  Cheap weightless effects.  Robots with CLI
        screens scrolling text.  Robots that interface with spacecraft
        that was built 100 years apart.  Setting green corn fields
        ablaze.  Having lots of new tires and gasoline in a dire
        survival of mankind situation.  Farmer just happening to have
        a laptop, RF gear, antenna etc to take control of a random
        drone that appears in the sky.  Then he guts the drone for a
        controller for his tractor...   Landing only type craft having
        enough fuel to take off again and get back to a space
        station.  Two astronauts walk a mile or so but it takes a
        spacecraft several minutes to get there.  Something the size
        of a Saturn V taking off inside a missile silo with lots of
        people in it.  Ceramic tile on the hibernation tanks on a
        space station and space craft.  All of the spacecraft bobs and
        weaves like it is in turbulence or a rough sea.  The relative
        motion between spacecraft is ridiculous. Flags surviving the
        wind for 20 years.
        Other than that it was great.   My wife loved it.

--
josh reynolds :: chief information officer
spitwspots :: www.spitwspots.com