Digis used to provide a roof harness and a mule tape bucket with a Chuck-It
(the tennis ball dog toy).  You could throw it over the roof and hook it to
the hitch on the truck.  I don't know of ANYONE who ever used it though,
aside from training in the safety meetings.  There was only one in the shop
so you'd have to go back to get it.  I usually just try to get on at the
peak and belly crawl through the snow with my Yak Traks.  That or I work
100% off of the ladder.  I have never used the harness, but there were a
couple of times that I would have if I had it on the truck.