*From: *"Jay Weekley via Af" <af@afmug.com>
*To: *"Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
*Sent: *Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:40:50 PM
*Subject: *[AFMUG] Free fiber optic training

For what it's worth. Corning offers free fiber optic seminars around the country on a regular basis. It's specific to their product line but it's a good way to learn the fundamentals of fiber optics, connectors and termination techniques. Those with a lot of experience may not get a lot out of it but for those that want to learn some basics and get some hands on training it's a free way for you or your employees to get your feet wet. The locations vary but they only publish the schedule a month or two in advance so you'll have to go to the link periodically to see what is coming near you.

http://www.corning.com/opcomm/nafta/en/serv_support/training/fiber-optic-seminar-schedule.aspx

We've some guys at a seminar in Birmingham today. Looks like our guy Dave (in blue) is about to do some termination.