Hi, folks!

I'm not big on fancy, glossy "collateral" (why do they call it that, anyway?) so I'm just laying out my qualifications and reasons why you should hire me to solve all those pesky network problems you don't have time or staff for. So, just like Dennis' coincidental posting, there's no attached PDF. (Sorry, Dennis! :-) )

I started Great Basin Internet Services in Reno in 1993, and sold it a couple of years ago. Since then, wanting extra cash flow (don't we all?) I've been consulting for them, and a handful of other ISPs. Most recently I've been involved with a greenfield fiber project in rural Nevada. So I have plenty of real world experience.

I'm very happy playing with Layer 1 on up, VLANs, VoIP, both IPv4 and IPv6, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, Radius, and probably most any other acronym. I'm handy with some of the administrative stuff, like dealing with ARIN for instance. Need more redundancy? I'm your guy.

I know my way around most routers and switches, especially anything with a Cisco-like interface. I'm still learning Mikrotik, but I've learned enough to have set up an MPLS/OSPF/BGP network of CCRs, through both the CLI and the web interface. I don't really know the scripting stuff yet, but I can learn it if need be.

I have lots of experience with Cambium licensed and unlicensed radios, and with Ubiquiti. I have lots of out-of-date experience with Canopy, and absolutely no field experience with the new ePMP stuff. (Still waiting for Cambium to send me my free AP and SU for attending a seminar awhile ago.)

So that's about it. Essentially, there's nothing involving the ISP business I don't know or can't figure out. I'm willing to travel, but most of the work I do can be done remotely. Oh, and I'm a Linux guy. I know my way around Windows, but if you need someone to set up your Windows Server stuff, you can probably find someone more qualified.

If you're interested, please hit me off-list for more information, rates, all that sort of stuff. Hey Dennis, if you like what you see, you can consider this to be a resume - but I'm not moving to Missouri!