Not sure I totally understand the schematic of that panel, but it looks like it will work.
It will transfer on loss of  utility power?

-----Original Message----- From: George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:29 AM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Transfer switch

Back to my generator and dual service/split building thing. We're going
to put in a Generac QuietSource gen and a Nexus service transfer switch
to handle that entire panel for minimal re-wiring. Then I'm going to
bring a 50A/240 circuit off of that panel over to the other building
where we have an old individual circuit manual transfer switch that the
old generator was wired to.

So here's my question. To simplify things, and I only need to transfer
specific things on the other side, just rip out the old manual transfer
switch and put in an auto switch with integrated load center. I'm
wondering if I can use the Generac 50A/12ckt EZ switch that's designed
to go with their Guardian genset, but it obviously wouldn't be wired to
a generator. Will that work?
  • [AFMUG] Transfer switch George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af
    • Re: [AFMUG] Transfer switch Chuck McCown via Af