I do quite a bit of work from home for remote customers. I also receive training remotely.

What limitations are you finding for remote workers?

ryan

On 11/24/14 6:55 AM, Dennis Burgess via Af wrote:

In house training, etc.. J

Dennis Burgess, CTO, Link Technologies, Inc.

den...@linktechs.net <mailto:den...@linktechs.net> – 314-735-0270 – www.linktechs.net <http://www.linktechs.net>

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *D. Ryan Spott via Af
*Sent:* Friday, November 21, 2014 1:50 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] [JOB] Network Consultant Position

Why not virtual? Saves everyone money.

ryan

On 11/21/14 7:08 AM, Dennis Burgess via Af wrote:

    Yep it stripped it LPDF.. L

    Sorry to include this in the body of the post.

    *Consulting Network Engineer*

    Link Technologies, Inc. is looking for an experienced network
    engineer.  Primary responsibilities will include working with
    clients of Link Technologies, Inc. over the phone and e-mail to
    resolve, install, and assist with all aspects of networking as it
    relates to ISP networks.  Consulting services include, routing,
    hardware recommendations, RF path analysis, switching, and layer 2
    and layer 3 network design and implementation.

    *Who is Link Technologies, Inc.?*

    Link Technologies, Inc., works with thousands of ISPs around North
    America, brining high level, Tier 3 & 4 Support to networks that
    do not have those level of engineering amiable to them.  We
    typically work directly with the on-site tech or business owners,
    no tier 1 support for end users.  We provide network consulting
    helping Wireless ISPs, configure their routers, and provide
    bandwidth shaping, queuing, authentication solutions and
    configurations for MikroTik RouterOS systems.   We use a number of
    technologies, including OSPF and BGP to provide routing support.
    We also help track down slow wireless links, troubleshoot end user
    issues (not with the end user typically), and provider hardware
    recommendations on tower sites, installation issues, and
    connectivity help.    Friendly and casual office environment,
    lunch is provided every day.

    *Job Functions:*

    ·Work with Customers over Phone, Internet, E-Mail

    ·Make Hardware Recommendations (will work with sales engineer as
    needed)

    ·Setup Routers, Wireless Access Points and RF Radios as needed

    ·Provide comprehensive notes and time tracking in ticketing system

    ·Extensive Work with MikroTik RouterOS

    ·Limited work with Cisco, and Juniper Devices

    ·Setup VPNs, including PPTP, L2TP, IPSEC, and OVPN.

    ·Setup and configuration of VLANs on HP, Dell, Net gear, MikroTik
    Switches.

    ·Extensive Routing work, including OSPF.

    ·Bridged Network Conversions, to routing networks.

    ·QoS and queuing assistance

    ·VoIP Prioritization

    ·Help with Various Radius Servers and Proxy Servers

    ·Configuration of Access Points

    ·Setup Hotspots

    *Knowledge:*

    ·Excellent understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network Design

    ·TCP/IP protocol Stack, including ICMP, TCP, UDP, common ports and
    protocols.

    ·Extensive Experience in Static Routing, Sub Netting, and OSPF
    Configuration

    ·VLAN and Protected Port systems

    ·Cisco, Juniper Experience a Plus

    ·MikroTik Experience required.

    ·Excellent Verbal and written skills.

    ·Linux, free radius, bind DNS experience a plus

    ·Windows Server, IIS, and DNS experience a plus

    ·Ubiquiti Access Point and Point to Point Radio experience a plus

    ·RF basics, channel planning, EIRP, bands.

    ·WISP Operations, installation, experience a plus

    ·SAF, Cambium Radio Equipment Experience a plus

    *Please submit your resume and salary requirements to
    **j...@linktechs.net* <mailto:j...@linktechs.net>

    **

    *All positions are located in House Springs, MO 63051. In-Office,
    some travel may be required (less than 10 weeks), please provide
    copies of any certifications.  May be required to be on-call no
    more than one weekend per month.*

    **