I’m surprised you completely lose it… is variable TX power and adaptive
modulation on?

6GHz is nice that rain fade isn’t much of a problem, but multipath is a bigger
problem, especially on flat land like Florida (although the trees help absorb
some of the multipath).  For many long links, 11GHz is actually better in the
lower rain rate regions for long distance shots (I’ve engineered 70 mile shots
with >99.99% uptime in 11GHz).

Paul I agree though… 6GHz with 3ft antennas is most likely your best option at
longer distances.  6GHz Space Diversity is the optimal solution… but not
typically used by WISP’s.

Daniel White | Managing Director

SAF North America LLC

Cell: