Cool, I thought I felt a disturbance in the force...

From: Josh Reynolds via Af
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 12:20 PM
To: WISPA General List ; Ubiquiti Users Group ; af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] groundcontrol project

For those of you who haven't heard, several of us started a new project
yesterday.

https://github.com/esseph/groundcontrol

Licensing is tentatively set as falling under GPLv2.

We have already been offered code snippets, a dev box, a db server, and several
people have decided to volunteer time to make this happen.

The initial idea is that the system itself will be free, with a possibly paid
support/features option, or maybe a model similar to observium where the is a
"community" (free as in beer) version that comes out every 6mo or so, and a
"paid" version with newer features and direct support. We're not sure yet, but
we want to make this project accessible and fairly vendor-neutral.

If any of you could volunteer time, support, code, documentation, ideas, etc.
it would be greatly appreciated. This is a project by and for the WISP
community. Thank you!

--
josh reynolds :: chief information officer
spitwspots :: www.spitwspots.com